Looking for some new date ideas to spice things up a little? I’ve put together my top ten fun dates so you can mix it up some. Go through the list and see what sounds good to you and go have some fun!
- Go Star Gazing. Grab a blanket and a bottle of wine and find a place without a lot of light and lay back and enjoy the free show. You can see if you can pick out any constellations or maybe you will see a shooting star. Don’t forget to make a wish!
- Go to the Park. Dates don’t have to be at night. Pack up a picnic and a blanket and go to the park. This is such a relaxing way to spend the afternoon. Some parks even have movie nights so you can even make a night of it.
- Get a Couples Massage. There’s no explanation necessary for this one. Here’s a tip though, check your local Groupon and see if there are any deals in your area.
- Go to a Comedy Club. This is one of my favorite date ideas. If you like to laugh then this is the date for you. Get there early enough to eat dinner then order a drink and enjoy the show. Be careful though, if you sit close to the stage you may become part of the show!
- Go to a Concert. This is perfect for anyone who loves music. If there isn’t anyone playing that you know then find a smaller venue and check out a local artist.
- Take a Bewery or Winery Tour. Most larger cities have one or the other and you will not only get to sample the wares you may even come away with more knowledge then you came with!
- Try a Painting Class. We have a local place called Sips n Strokes where you bring a bottle of wine and spend the evening learning to paint a specific picture. I’m sure there is a place like that around you. This is a really fun date that you get to bring home a souvenier to remember it with.
- Go on a Dinner Cruise. I can’t think of anything more relaxing and beautiful. If there is a river or large lake around you see if there are any cruises available. I am sure you will love this one.
- Go to a Karaoki Bar. You don’t have to actually participate but I bet you would have a blast if you did. If you just can’t get up there and let loose then just have a drink and enjoy the “local talent”!
- Go out for dessert. Go to a nice restaraunt and order a cup of coffee and a scrumptious dessert that you normally don’t order because you ate too much for dinner. If you have a sweet tooth like I do then this is definitely the date for you.
Now that you don’t have to hurry home to the kids take some time for yourselves. You deserve it! I would love to hear some of your date ideas too! We are always looking for new things to try so just post it in the comments and thank you!!